Playstream Monetization with Google’s Multiple Customer Management(MCM) policy for Publishers
As you already know, Adsolut Media is a Google Publishing Partner and as a result, Google advertisers can access your inventory through Adsolut Media’s Ad Exchange account. How Adsolut Media represents your inventory with all the changes that Google is bringing.
During your onboarding process with Adsolut Media, you would have filled out a Google form that allowed us to include your website as a child publisher in Google’s Ad Exchange. This system will no longer be active from July 2021 onwards but is being replaced by a very similar system. A by-product of this change is Google Ad Manager 360 (GAM), which will allow us to offer you more advanced features such as audience
segmentation and data exports. Rest assured that our ability to serve demand on your site will not change.
What do you need to do?
We’ll be sending you a new Google MCM publisher invites to fill out and you’ll have to either:
➡ Build a new, placeholder GAM account
➡ List your old, existing GAM account in the form.
This is because Google wants each publisher to have a GAM account ID for revenue attribution and anti-fraud purposes. When you fill out the form, your GAM account ID will allow into our system and we’ll be including your ID in your Playstream tag. Please note, you will NOT need to retag your site. Your Playstream service will not be affected by this change.
When is this taking place?
The migration has already begun and is being executed in waves.
Adsolut being at the forefront to comply with all of the advertiser policies has already started MCM connection with all of our publishers and gain early access to MCM demand benefits.
Setting up your GAM account
Publishers who need to create a new GAM account will have to go through standard Google security protocol, taking the following steps:
- Log in with the Google account you have set up your previous Adsense account with, or sign in with your main Google account.
- Select an existing GAM account assigned to your Google account OR follow the steps to build a new one.
- If you build a new GAM account, you’ll be asked what currency you want your account to be in. Please note that there will be no changes in payments or currency from Adsolut Media. This is simply a mandatory field for GAM account creation. After you submit your account, it may take up to a few days for official approval to pass through to Adsolut Media. You do not need to do anything during the interim
- To avoid account duplication, it is important to ensure you are using an existing GAM account if you have one. Google Ad Manager policies allow only one account per publisher. Child publishers need an approved account in order for their parent account to help with monetization, as disapproved accounts cannot monetize in
What if my account was disapproved as a duplicate account?
An account is disapproved as a duplicate if you have an existing AdSense, AdMob, or Ad Manager account, but received the parent’s invitation at an email address not associated with that account.
To check if your account was disapproved as a duplicate, sign in to your Ad Manager account, and if there is a duplicate account, choose one of the following options:
1. Ask your parent publisher to send the invitation to the email address of an Admin user in your existing account.
2. Close the existing AdSense or AdMob accounts.
What do I do with my new/existing GAM account?
This account will be unused. All ad trafficking and tagging will come from the existing tags and our GAM account. You do not need to do anything with this new account.
Please find below some of the main differences between Manage Account and Manage Inventory delegation types.
Have any questions?
You can chat with us and a member of our team will be able to assist you. Alternatively, if you would speak to our MCM experts, feel free to schedule a call at your convenience.
Team Adsolut & Playstream